CAREERS AT ARTISAN ELECTRIC, INC.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT ARTISAN
Artisan Electric is growing and looking to expand our team with an Office Assistant. Are you passionate about renewable energy? Do you have a trades background? Are you looking to get into a booming industry where you can make a real difference and develop your skills? Are you good with people, resourceful and independent? If so, we’re looking for you! Artisan Electric is hiring an Office Assistant to join our team.
An Office Assistant is responsible for handling incoming phone calls and email communication, greeting visitors, managing electronic and physical files, updating customer paperwork, running errands and performing other general office clerk duties. The successful candidate will be people-friendly and environmentally-friendly, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be proficient at word processing.
- Handle incoming calls and direct callers to the appropriate staff.
- Answer general email enquiries about solar and electrical work.
- Schedule appointments for sales staff when they are out of the office.
- Manage employee calendars.
- Enter and update customer information in our Customer Relationship Manager.
- Process state certification paperwork for existing new solar customers.
- Manage the utility portals for leads/referrals
- Order all the office supplies and manage vendor relations regarding office equipment.
- Update and manage customers’ physical paperwork.
- Manage and update our filing system.
- Take care of distributing and sending mail.
- Make bank deposits.
- Manage business licenses and renewals.
- Track vehicle information.
- Check the mail daily and route appropriately.
- Organize travel by booking accommodations and reservations as needed.
- Help maintain and organize office common areas.
- Assist with putting out fires, calmly and without fear.
- Assist with outreach events.
- Environmentalist who wants to work in the renewable energy field.
- Slightly obsessive about providing a great customer experience.
- High energy, even higher integrity required.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast–paced office environment.
- High school diploma or associate’s degree
- High level of computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Hours and Compensation: This is a full-time position for roughly 32 hours/week. Compensation is $16/hour, medical/dental insurance, paid time off and seven days paid holiday.
About Artisan Electric Inc.: Artisan Electric is a full-service IBEW union electrical contractor specializing in turnkey residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. We are committed to providing a fun, healthy and safe work environment for all of our employees. Artisan was established in 2007 on Vashon Island, and moved to the Georgetown neighborhood of South Seattle in 2013. We have one of the best reputations in the industry for quality installations and practicing what we preach. We are committed to perpetual improvement and pushing the industry forward. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status
To apply, please send in a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. 206.557.4215 | 969 Nebraska Street Seattle, WA 98108 Artisanelectricinc.com