Many customers are asking about ads they’ve seen on Facebook or Instagram promoting Zero Down Solar or No Cost Solar. What is zero down solar? What do these terms mean? Is it a scam? Spoiler alert: nope zero down solar is a real program you can take advantage of today! Let’s find out how!
To start, let’s explore the benefits of solar power. Solar power is one of the best investments you can make for your home while reducing carbon emissions and creating a more sustainable future.
- Solar increases home value by an average of $9,274 – and makes it easier to sell.
- Installing solar allows you to take advantage of government-provided programs including tax exemptions, tax credits, net metering, funding opportunities, and more.
- Solar lowers your electric bill. On a 10 kW system, Washington customers will save an average of $20,000 over a 20 year period.
- When combined with battery storage, solar protects you in a power outage.
- Solar systems have a long warranty, most are warrantied for 25 years and continue to produce power long after that.
- Solar power is a limitless resource – as long as the sun continues to shine solar will always exist as an energy source.
- Solar is energy independence – it reduces the economy’s dependence on foreign fossil fuels and the geopolitical systems that support them.
Sounds great right? So how do you finance a solar installation?
We work with a proven and trustworthy lender, PSCCU to offer SustainableSolar and Energy-Smart Loans with the best terms and rates for our customers in Washington State. PSCCU is one of the first credit unions to offer Zero Down financing for solar! As Washington’s Green Credit Union the PSCCU solar program (to date) has helped over 7100 homeowners become solar citizens, creating living-wage jobs and these solar projects will generate 17000 Megawatts of electricity over their lifetime in addition to sequestering the same amount of carbon as 13843 acres of forest per year!
What can you expect from a SustainableSolar Loan with PSCCU?
- 90 days with 0% interest and no payments*
- Fixed rates ranging from 3.24% – 9.84% APR** for the life of the loan
- Zero down payment required
- Terms up to 20 years**
- Fast approval times (same or next business day)
- Easy online application & signing process
- Loan can include EV charging station and Battery Back-up
- You can also include Energy Efficiency measures, such as a heat pump
- Up to 25% of the loan can go towards roof repair/replacement
- No prepayment penalties
- Principal payments can be made at any time – as often as you want
- Loan can be re-amortized once during the life of the loan at no cost to you
With a SustainableSolar loan, you can reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your utility bills year-round. By participating in this program, you can get help with your solar financing needs as well as any other energy efficiency projects, with loans up to $150,000*.
* This loan promotion has a 90-day introductory period that will begin on the date the loan is officially funded and whereas interest will not accrue and there will be no minimum monthly payments required over the introductory period. After the initial 90-day introductory period has expired, interest will begin to accrue based on the borrower’s creditworthiness and rate approved for at time of loan application – as well as the monthly payment schedule and requirements, will begin after the introductory period. Interest and payments are based on individual borrowers’ creditworthiness and other factors. No other offers or promotions may be utilized within this 90-day loan promotion. Must be new loans to the Credit Union; existing PSCCU loans do not qualify. Payments must be set up via automatic payment. Contact the Credit Union for full details.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate. The rates and terms offered in the SustainableSolar program are only available by working with participating installers / contractors to verify your installer / contractor please contact the credit union. All loans subject to credit approval. Terms up to 180 months/15 years, $20,000 financed for 180 months at 4.25% results in a payment of $151.00 per month. Rates, terms and dollar limits are based on credit and in some cases the value of the home the improvements are being made to. For more information contact the Credit Union. PSCCU makes every effort to have a loan decision for you the same day you apply if not no later than the next business day. Rates as of July 2019. Documentation fees may apply. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Why choose Artisan Electric Inc?
Some companies promoting Zero Down Solar or No Cost Solar might be using gimmicky sales tactics which pass extra costs to the customer through hidden fees which can increase the overall price of a solar installation by 5-25% higher than traditional financing. That’s why it’s important to choose a solar installer you trust! At Artisan Electric, we take our commitment to customer satisfaction seriously – check out our 5-star reviews! Price transparency is one of our most important goals, we will always be upfront about all costs and fees. When you choose Artisan Electric Inc. for your solar installation you are working with a dedicated team of ethical professionals committed to creating a clean energy future while building a fair and equitable industry for solar and renewable energy in Washington State and beyond.