Winter is in full swing and even though snowstorms are rare in Western Washington, floods and high winds can leave you without power for days. Are you prepared for a power outage? Here are some winter storm preparedness tips.
Winter Storm Preparedness Tips
- Unplug computers and electronic devices to prevent a power surge. Check to see if the power outage is affecting your entire neighborhood. If not, check to see if your circuit panel or fuse box has a tripped breaker or blown fuse. If it has tripped, reset the breaker or replace the fuse.
- Ensure that all family members are dressed in layers and keep blankets nearby for warmth. Wear layers that are loose-fitting and light to avoid overheating.
- Stay informed with weather updates. Invest in a battery operated radio in case internet services also go down.
- Keep your refrigerator door closed to stop food from spoiling. Move all perishable food items to the garage if the power goes out for an extended period of time. Have an emergency supply of water and food that does not require cooking.
- Have an adequate supply of fuel in your home because suppliers may not be able to reach you for several days. Use fuel sparingly!
- Invest in quality flashlights, headlamps and extra batteries. Take care when using candles to avoid the risk of a fire.
- The Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station.
Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station
Artisan Electric is proud to introduce our newest product offering, the Goal Zero Yeti 3000 high-capacity power station.
The Goal Zero comes equipped with over 3,000 watt-hours (Wh) of lithium battery storage. The battery can be charged through a wall outlet or by a dedicated solar panel. Once charged, you are one push of a button away from over 1,500 Watts of continuous power and 300 Watts of surge power. Power your larger sized or multiple devices including:
- SmartPhone 150+ Recharges
- Point of View (POV) Camera 500+ Recharges
- Headlamp 500+ Recharges
- Tablet 110+ Recharges
- Laptop 50+ Recharges
- Light-a-Life 1000+ Hours
- Refrigerator 50+ Hours
- 32-inch LCD TV 30 hours.
This clean and reliable alternative to your gasoline-powered, inverter generator will exceed all your expectations. A Wi-Fi® connection allows you to monitor your device’s power usage right from your SmartPhone.
The Goal Zero backup battery is the epitome of on-demand power, cutting-edge technology and winter storm preparedness. Contact us to book your installation today!
- Goal Zero – Yeti 3000 Lithium Portable Power Station with Wi-Fi
- CenStar Energy – How to Prepare for a Snowstorm – A Winter Storm Checklist
- National Weather Service – Winter Preparedness at Home
- Artisan Electric – Solar Power Endures Natural Disasters.
Last Modified: January 4, 2019